For 4 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Beets, about 3-4 medium beets, washed and scrubbed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Place whole beets in a medium to large saucepan and cover with salted water by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil and simmer, covered and cook until beets are fork tender, about 30-45 minutes, depending on beet size.
- Remove beets as they’re done and immediately plunge in ice water to easily slip off skins.
- Take the cooled beets and place them in a paper towel. Cradle the beets in your hands to remove the skins. Slice the beets into round slices about 1/2 inch thick and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to combine. Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.