Cannoli Cookies... when you want to make a great impression at a party with cookies that will quickly disappear.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta, room temperature
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk, plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Decorating:
- crushed pistachios and candied cherries to decorate
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the Cookies:
- Place the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped, about 15-20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and zest. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and the ricotta.
- Add in the dry ingredients little by little until a dough forms. Mix in the pistachios and chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, roll the dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The bottoms of the cookies should slightly brown. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the Glaze:
- In a bowl mix together the confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk until a smooth glaze forms. Add less milk for a thicker glaze or more for a thinner glaze. Spoon over the cookies and decorate with chopped pistachios and candied cherries.
So good! These are very flavorful. Used crushed sugar cones on top to be like the cannoli shell. Add...
See Full Review >> - Amanda228