Cantucci Morbidi-Soft Cantucci
This is my recipe for: "Cantucci Morbidi" (soft cantucci). We tried these cantucci last year when we visited Italy (Vasto) at a friend's house and she was kind enough to give us her recipe. I also bake the classic cantucci, but my husband likes better the softer version of them.
- Mix the 3 eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt until well blended and smooth.
- Add the warm butter and slowly add the sifted flour with the vanillina powder, or the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Add the 5 table spoons of the candied fruit or nuts, chocolate chips, almonds or peanuts and mix slowly to incorporate all.
- Form two loaves, put them on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake on a pre-heated oven at 355F for 30-35 minutes.
- When the loaves are golden, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Slice the cantucci in diagonal shape of about 1/2" thick. Optionally you can sprinkle the cantucci with powdered sugar.
They can be served with a Vin Santo from Tuscany!