Chicory Salad - Insalata di Puntarelle
Chicory Salad - Insalata di Puntarelle: These are a particular type of Italian Chicory called "Catalogne". The salad is made from the shoots found at the center of the chicory head.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 head of Catalogne Chicory (about 2 Lbs)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 fillets of anchovies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- Cut the shoots from the chicory and place them in very cold water for about two hours.
- In a small bowl add the EV olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the anchovies cut in small pieces.
- Add the garlic chapped very finely.
- Add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Let all the ingredients macerate for about one hour.
- Remove all the water from the bowl containing the chicory shoots.
- Beat with a fork all the ingredients in the emulsion and add to the bowl.
- Toss well and serve.
Salad Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Chicory Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Diabetic Appetizer Recipes, Heart Friendly Appetizers Recipes, Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes