Christmas Anisette Pizzelle
Crispy tender Christmas Pizzelle made on our family's 100 year old Pizzelle iron. This is an annual event where our family comes together for the making of these special cookies.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Pizzelle:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup anisette or anise extract
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Combine all ingredients above to make a nice soft dough.
- Preheat pizzelle iron over flame, or preheat electric pizzelle maker
- Roll dough into 2 inch logs and place each log on the preheated pizzelle iron
- Cook over flame for 20 seconds, flip iron and cook alternate side for 20 seconds.
You can substitute vanilla for the anisette or anise extract, or any other flavor your family might enjoy. Cookies can also be made into pizzelle sandwich cookies with Nutella filling. May your family keep the Italian traditions handed down by our families. Buon Natalie!