Cucuzze, Patate e Fave
Cucuzze, Patate and Fava Beans... a great belnd of flavors from Puglia!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Cucuzze:
- 1 pound Lb Butternut squash
- 1 pound Lb Potatoes
- 1 pound Lb Dry fava beans
- 1 Onion
- extra virgin olive oil
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- The night before, with a knife remove the heads (the black part) from the Fava beans.
- Put the fava beans in a pot, cover with water, about 1" over the Fava beans and add a pinch of salt. Let them soak overnight.
- In the morning, put the Fava beans on the stove and cook at very low flame for about two hours (depending on size of Fava beans) Taste and shut off flame when they are Al Dente.
- While they cook, cut the potatoes and the butternut squash in cubes.
- Take a pan and add 5 Tbs of EV olive oil and saute the onion chopped finely. Add the potatoes and the Butternut squash. Saute` for 3-4 minutes.
- Add enough boiling water to the pan to barely cover the potatoes and the squash. Cook for about 20 minutes. Taste a potato and shut off the flame when the potatoes are done... Al Dente. Keep some additional hot water on the side and add it if the potatoes and butternut squash get dry.
- Combine the Fava beans, the potatoes and the butternut squash in a serving platter.
- Add a drizzle of Ev olive oil and grated cheese, if desired.
First Course Recipes, Puglia Recipes, All Recipes, Dry Fava Beans Recipes, Butternut Squash Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Diabetic First Courses Recipes, Heart Friendly First Courses Recipes, Gluten Free First Courses Recipes, Vegetarian First Course Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Nonna Giacomina, Cucina Povera della Nonna