Baked Lamb and Potatoes - Agnello con Patate
Baked Lamb and Potatoes - Agnello con Patate. An Easter tradition but appreciated all year round! Watch the VIDEO of this recipe!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Lamb:
- 2 pounds Lamb, mixed cuts or any cuts that you prefer
- 5 medium potatoes slices in rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- bay leaves
- 10 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- pepper as desired
- salt, as desired
- Preheat the oven at 400F.
- Lightly salt & pepper the Lamb meat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, the tomatoes (leave some tomatoes aside for later), the bay leaves, the rosemary and the onion. Mix well.
- Add the hot pepper, salt as desired, the wine and oil and mix well.
- Add the lamb and mix well.
- Take a large baking pan and begin to place in it the Lamb, the potatoes and all the other ingredients from the bowl. Spread the content evenly in the pan.
- Pour all the liquids at the bottom of the bowl into the pan.
- Sprinkle some Pecorino cheese over the entire surface and in particular over the potatoes.
- Squeeze the remaining tomatoes with your hand over the potatoes on the surface.
- Bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours and until the potatoes have colored.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
Put one under every Christmas Tree!