For 6 Person(s)
For the Pizzette:
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper as desired
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced - *you can also use a few spoonfuls of tomato passata or purée
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- Products Featured in this Recipe: HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Season the mixture with salt and black pepper as desired.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the egg wash and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place each eggplant slice on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add about 3 cubes of Mozzarella to each eggplant slice and top with 3 tomato slices or 1 teaspoon tomato purée.
- Drizzle each eggplant slice with extra Virgin Olive oil and another sprinkle of salt. Bake until the mozzarella has melted. About 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.