Fusilli with Butternut Squash and Sausage
Fusilli with Butternut Squash and Sausage.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Small Onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage, casing removed and broken up into small pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds Butternut Squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 pound Dried Fusilli Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Put a large sauté pan with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in the sausage and cook while breaking it up with a wooden spoon until the Sausage has browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the wine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce until you can no longer smell alcohol, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the butternut squash, salt, water and parsley. Cover and cook until the squash is tender. About 10-15 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with more salt or pepper as desired.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta in and cook until al dente. Drain and toss with the butternut squash and sausage over a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.