Fusilli with Cauliflowers and Tomato Sauce
Fusilli with Cauliflowers and Tomato Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- fresh black pepper
- fresh parsley
- grated Pecorino cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Cut all the florets of the cauliflower into pieces of about 1 inch. Wash well and set aside.
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a blender and liquefy them.
- In a sauce pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the chopped onion.
- Let the onion saute` and when it becomes translucent add the tomatoes and the parsley. Let the tomato sauce simmer for about 15 minutes and shut the flame.
- Meantime, in a large pot, boil salted water.
- Once the water boils add the fusilli. Two minutes later add to the same pot the cauliflowers.
- When the pasta is cooked Al Dente, drain all the water and put in a large serving bowl.
- Add the tomato sauce and mix.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of pecorino cheese and fresh black pepper.