Gnocchi with Peas and Pancetta
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can use as a side to any dish where you would use potatoes. With this side dish, though, your plate will look more elegant! :)
For 4 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Nonna's Good Luck Bracelets!
Now in La Bottega!
In White & Yellow Gold HERE!
- Start by lightly browning pancetta in olive oil in a saute' pan over low flame.
- Add onion and garlic until golden.
- Add peas and chicken broth.
- Cover and let simmer until peas are tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a pot of boiling water until they come to the surface (only a few minutes).
- While gnocchi are cooking, add the butter and cream to the peas and let simmer on low to form a sauce (it will be thin). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the gnocchi and add to the pan with the peas.
- Add the parmiggiano and stir on low heat until flavors blend together.
- Serve immediately.