Homemade Cavatelli with Mussels
Homemade Cavatelli with Mussels - Cavatelli fattin casa con cozze.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 pounds mussels, washed and beards removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes, as desired
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsly, chopped
- 1 pound cavatelli pasta, homemade preferably
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Put a 12 inch sauté pan with a lid over a medium flame and add the mussels.
- Cover the pan and let the mussels open, about 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once all the mussels have opened remove the pan from heat and shell all the mussels, making sure to reserve their juice. Set aside.
- Rinse out and dry the sauté pan. Put the pan over a medium flame and add the extra virgin olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes as desired.
- Once the garlic begins to turn golden, add the cherry tomatoes and let them saute` for about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until the alcohol has evaporated then add the reserved juice from the mussels.
- Bring the pan to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the mussels and the parsley.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the cavatelli until al dente.
- Drain and add the pasta to to the pan. Toss for 2 minues and serve.
Please Follow me on Instagram!