Liver and Onions
A tasty meal that is a good source of iron!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Liver:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions
- peperoncino, as desired
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 pound beef liver
- salt, as desired
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Wash the liver, pat dry it and cut it in pieces of 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch.
- In a saute pan, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and sear the liver on all sides. Remove the liver from the pan and set aside.
- In the same saute pan add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and the butter. Start the flame at medium.
- Once the butter has melted add the onions and the peperoncino, as desired.
- Let the onion become translucent and add the lemon juice and the sage leaves.
- Add salt as desired.
- Cook for 1 minute and add the liver. Mix well and let the liver cook for about 10 minutes at medium flame.