No-Bake Mascarpone and Cranberry Tart
If you want to make an impressive dessert in a pinch this holiday season then look no further than this easy breezy tart! You'll have to resist eating the mascarpone and whipped cream filling before filling the tart because it's just that good and it's a beautiful contrast from the tangy, spicy cranberry sauce topping. I added some toasted almonds and raw cranberries to the top, just because they were pretty so don't eat them unless you want a mouth full of tartness! Although my mom though they were yummy! :)
For 6 Person(s)
For the Topping:
- 12 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Cointreau Liqueur
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
For the Crust:
- 12 ounces Stella D'oro Marguerite Cookies, you can also use vanilla wafers or Graham crackers if you like
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 16 ounces Mascarpone Cheese, room temperature
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the topping:
- Put a small saucepan over a medium flame. Add the cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, cointreau, zest and cinnamon. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Cook for 15-20 minutes as the cranberries pop and become smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor add the cookies and process until fine. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles sand
- Press into an 11 inch loose bottom tart pan and refrigerate. In the meantime make the filling.
- To make the filling:
- In a mixing bowl combine the heavy whipping cream and Confectioners Sugar. Beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl add the mascarpone and gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone with a rubber spatula.
- Add the mixture to the crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Pop the tart back into the refrigerator until the filling is firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Spoon the topping over the tart before serving.
- Sprinkle with roasted almonds and some orange zest (optional)