Nonna Eugenia’s Cauliflower Patties
Nonna Eugenia’s Cauliflower Patties.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 cauliflower, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Caciocavallo or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup - water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
- oil for frying
- Drop the cauliflower into salted, boiling water and cook until cauliflower is easily mashed with a fork. About 15 minutes
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander. Remove to a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher until the cauliflower is somewhat creamy, but still has some lumps. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Put a large, heavy bottomed skillet over a high flame and heat 1/2 inch of frying oil.
- Using 2 kitchen tablespoons, spoon the batter into the hot oil and flatten the top into a patty. It’s fine if the shape is irregular.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Flip and fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.