Nonna's Golden Mashed Potatoes
Golden Mashed Potatoes with sauteed red onions.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Potatoes:
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh black pepper
Start Thinking of Christmas!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Cups and Pots
Get both HERE!!!
- Boil the potatoes, once they are cooked transfer them to a large plate.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork.
- In a saute pan add the EV olive oil and the onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Pour the oil and the onion over the mashed potatoes.
- Add salt and fresh black pepper as desired.
Ideally you want to use Yukon potatoes as they have a rich golden color. But you can use other potatoes as well.
That sounds terrific! Gotta try it. - GESUALDO