Orecchiette with Broccoli and Sausage
Orecchiette with Broccoli and Sausage, a quick comfort dish to make on a busy day.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
Nonna's Good Luck Bracelets!
Now in La Bottega!
In White & Yellow Gold HERE!
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the Orecchiette.
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage to the pan and sauté while breaking it up in to small pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sausage has nicely browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Lower the flame to low.
- Drop the broccoli into the pasta water and cook until the broccoli is tender and the pasta is al dente, about 7-8 minutes.
- Scoop the pasta and broccoli out of the water and add them to the pan with the sausage. Toss everything together over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. The broccoli should break down and begin to coat the pasta.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
One of my favorite pasta dishes,so easy to make, and delicious. - ronnieC
Delicious and easy to make. Couldn’t find orecchiette so I used shells. Will definitely make again...
See Full Review >> - Lflores
This a simple and yet delicious recipe. Quick to make for busy work nights! Will definitely make aga...
See Full Review >> - Meina
This was a great recipe for a busy work night. Quick, easy, and very flavorful. The best part is t...
See Full Review >> - GinaWGR