Orecchiette with Porcini and Speck
Orecchiette with Porcini and Speck.
Valentine's Day Recipes:
For 4 Person(s)
For the Orecchiette:
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 ounce dried Porcini mushrooms soaked and chopped
- 4 ounces Speck cubed
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup white Wine
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Place the mushrooms in a coffee mug. Cover the mushrooms with enough warm water that they are totally submerged. I like to use an espresso plate and cover them. Soak the mushrooms for 20 mins.
- Pour the soaking liquid through a coffee filter and set liquid aside. Chop mushrooms.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
In a large sauté pan heat the oil on medium heat and sauté the garlic and the speck. cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce.
- Add the prob in and the soaking liquid and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta water and cook 2-3 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. Sauce should thicken slightly.
- Add the al dente pasta and toss for 1-2 minutes.
Add the cheese and serve immediately.