Orecchiette with Porcini and Speck
Orecchiette with Porcini and Speck.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Orecchiette:
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 ounce dried Porcini mushrooms soaked and chopped
- 4 ounces Speck cubed
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup white Wine
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan)
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Place the mushrooms in a coffee mug. Cover the mushrooms with enough warm water that they are totally submerged. I like to use an espresso plate and cover them. Soak the mushrooms for 20 mins.
- Pour the soaking liquid through a coffee filter and set liquid aside. Chop mushrooms.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
In a large sauté pan heat the oil on medium heat and sauté the garlic and the speck. cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce.
- Add the prob in and the soaking liquid and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta water and cook 2-3 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. Sauce should thicken slightly.
- Add the al dente pasta and toss for 1-2 minutes.
Add the cheese and serve immediately.