Pasta with Escarole & Beans Recipe
Pasta with Escarole & Beans Recipe.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 anchovy fillets packed in oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, trimmed, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 19oz can cannellini beans, rinsed
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 pound Paccheri Rigati
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese for sprinkling
- Put a large skillet with a lid over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the anchovies and cook until they have melted, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add in the wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the escarole to the pan and cook until the leaves are wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the beans and using a wooden spoon, mash about half of them.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and lower the flame to a simmer. Cover and cook until the escarole is tender, about 5-7 minutes. Uncover and cook another 2 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Lower the flame to low while the pasta cooks.
- Drop the paccheri into a large pot of generously salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pan. Toss over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in warm bowls with a sprinkle of grated pecorino romano cheese.