Sesame Seed Cookies - Biscotti Regina
The good old Sesame Seed Cookies - Biscotti Regina - Regina Cookies as made by my Grandma Romana. Your cookie jar should never be without these.
For 6 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Crisco or any other vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- raw sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the eggs, sugar, Crisco, baking powder and the anise extract. Mix everything real well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Take a piece of dough, roll it to about 1/2 thick and cut it every 2".
- Take each piece, wet it in milk and then roll it in the sesame seed.
- Place all the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Easy to make and delicious to eat!! - Mamamia422
I'm going to try this recipe. My Sicilian gma, who passed away when I was 5, always had a plate of t...
See Full Review >> - Tnitemare
Made these and everyone loved them had 2 problems, the first being that the sesame seeds got very me...
See Full Review >> - hugo boss
I tried this recipe and they turned out delicious! They are great with your morning coffee, light an...
See Full Review >> - Jtl
What can I use instead of vegetable shortening like Crisco..can I use vegetable oil? - Juanecita2
Omg! So delicious! You won't be disappointed. They were just like my Nonnina's . I did however rolli...
See Full Review >> - Gina D
Oh, my! Pure delicioso! I saw these, and since I am always hungry for anise flavored ANYTHING (on ...
See Full Review >> - Bella1