Pastina Pasta Salad with Olives Tomatoes & Mozzarella
Pastina Pasta Salad with Olives Tomatoes & Mozzarella.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half, divided
- 10 basil leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces mozzarella pearls or cigliegine
- 1 cup Castelvetrano olives, sliced
- 8 ounces stelline pastina
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- salt and pepper as desired
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- In a bowl combine 1 pint of the cherry tomatoes, a few torn basil leaves, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the garlic and salt as desired. Mix and set aside.
- Add the remaining tomatoes, oil, salt and basil to a food processor and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the olives and mozzarella to the bowl with the sliced tomatoes.
- Cook the Pastina according to the package instructions. Drain and run the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking. Add it to the bowl with the tomatoes, olives and mozzarella.
- Pour the blended tomatoes through a strainer over the pasta and mix well. Add the cheese and mix until well combined. Chill before serving.