Pignoccata or Pignolata
Pignoccata or Pignolata... a Carnevale tradition from Palermo.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pignoccata:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 7 ounces sugar
- 5 ounces honey
- 6 egg yolks
- olive oil for frying
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 cup water
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- On a board mix the flour with the eggs and half of the sugar until the dough is smooth and well amalgamated.
- Roll a piece of dough into a stick and cut into pieces of about 1/2 inch in length.
- Fry all your pieces in hot olive oil for 2 minutes.
- In a pot, boil the water mixed with the honey and the remaining sugar.
- Add to the pot all the pieces and continue to cook. Once they begin to stick to one another, pour them in a wide plate and sprinkle with lemon zest.