Pistachio Cream Filled Biscotti
Pistachio Cream Filled Biscotti.
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 packets Vanillina Powder Or 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 6oz jar Italian Pistachio Spread See Link Below to Purchase!)
- Optional: Confectioners Sugar for dusting
- Get the Pistachio Cream HERE!
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter and using a pastry blender or a fork, begin to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
- Add the egg, yolk, zest and vanilla and mix until evenly incorporated. The mixture may still look crumbly.
- Once the eggs are evenly mixed in, begin mixing with your hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle. This will make it easier to roll out later. Cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and place it on a parchment paper lined work surface. Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper into a 12” x 8” rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Trim any jagged ends if necessary.
- Spread the pistachio spread longways in the center of the rectangle Leaving a one inch border on the 8inch side and a 2 inch border on the 12 inch side.
- Fold the 12 inch sides of the dough over the cream, overlapping one another. Fold in the 8 inch sides and gently press any seams to seal.
- Gently flip the dough seam side down onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top of the biscotti is firm.
- Cool on the parchment paper for 30 minutes and then using a serrated edge knife, cut into 3/4 inch wide biscotti. Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
- * Store in an airtight container. These will keep on the counter for 3-5 days