Pizzette Fritte... these little goodies will be the star of any party and can be garnished with anything you like!
For 1 Person(s)
For the Dough:
- 2 pounds all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 ounce fresh yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- marinara sauce or fresh tomatoes, chopped
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- oil fro frying
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In a large bowl add the flour and make a hole at the center.
- In the hole add the warm water. Add the yeast to the water and let the yeast melt.
- Add to the water 1 Tbs of salt and 4 Tbs of olive oil.
- Mix the entire content until the dough is well mixed and of even consistency. If you have a stand mixer, use it as it will speed up the process.
- Put the bowl of doght in a warm place and let it rise for about 2 hours.
- Take the dough, roll small balls of dough about the size of a little larger than a golf ball and set them on a tray. Roll all the balls.
- Cover the tray and let the dough rise again for about 1 hour.
- Make your frying oil hot.
- Take each ball of dough, spread it this with the center being flatter than the borders. With a fork puncture the inside of the border to prevent the center from raising during the frying process as you want the pizzette to be a little higher on the border and flat at the center.
- Fry the pizzette on both sides until they have a golden color. As they are frying, if you notice that the center is swelling, push the center down with a spoon.
- Fry all the Pizzette.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450F.
- Take each pizzetta and add a teaspoon of marinara sauce. Add some fresh mozzarella, a few capers, some oregano and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Bake the pizzette for 5 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
PS: The condiments for the Pizzette can be anything that you desire. Let your imagination take over in this department!