Pugliese Roasted Eggplant -Melanzane alla Fungitidd’
Pugliese Roasted Eggplant -Melanzane alla Fungitidd’.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Eggplant:
- 1 large onion, half the onion cut into 2 inch slices, the other half cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 medium eggplant, tops trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided. Plus extra for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 1/2 cups water
- salt as desired
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Get the Products Featured in this Video/Recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the larger sliced onions to the bottom of a 10x15 inch baking pan
- Using a sharp knife make crisscross diagonal cuts 3/4 of the way through the flesh of the eggplant. Position the eggplant cut side up in the baking pan.
- Drizzle each eggplant with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with salt as desired.
- Using your fingers stuff the minced garlic, half the tomatoes the remaining onions and parsley into the cuts of the eggplant.
- Add the remaining tomatoes to the bottom of the pan with the onions.
- Sprinkle each eggplant with 2 tablespoons of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Drizzle each eggplant with more oil as well as the onions and tomatoes at the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the pan and bake until the thickest part of the eggplant is tender, about 45-55 minutes.
Looks delicious! Eggplant is one of my favorite foods. I can’t wait to make this. - Jennlindsey1