Sausage and Peppers Hero
Sausage and Peppers Hero... the classic Italian sandwich at any BBQ party and Italian festivals across the US.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Hero:
- 2 pounds sausage, sweet or hot
- 2 pounds Cubanelle peppers
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- peperoncino flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- hero bread
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Wash the peppers, remove the stems and seeds and slice them.
- In a saute pan, add the oil, peperocino, garlic and the onion.
- Saute until the garlic turns lightly golden.
- Add the peppers and turn them into the oil almost continuously. Add salt as desired.
- Continue cooking the peppers until they become soft (about 20 mins.)
- Grill the sausage to your liking and assemble your hero sandwich!