Spaghetti with String Beans - Spaghetti con Fagiolini
In the summer, when string beans are in full season, there is nothing better than a dish of spaghetti, fresh tomatoes and fresh string beans.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh string beans
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatoes
- 1 red, yellow or green pepper
- 1 small onion
- cacio ricotta or grated pecorino cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- The string beans illustrated above are a variety that can grow up to 2 1/2 feet long. They have a very particular delicate flavor. If you cannot get these, any other variety will do.
- Clean the beans by removing both ends. Then cut them in pieces 6-7 inches long. Wash them well and put them on the side.
- Fill a pot with water and wait until it boils.
- In pan, put 4 Tbs of EV oil and let it get warm. Chop the onion in small pieces and add to the oil.
- Cut the tomatoes in small cubes and once the onion becomes translucent, add the tomatoes to the pan. Also cut the pepper in 4 parts and add to the tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt and let the tomatoes cook for about 8-10 mins. Do not overcook the tomatoes. The less the better.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the string beans.
- Let the water come to a boil again and add the spaghetti. Stir well from time to time.
- Remove from the water once the spaghetti are Al Dente.
- Add the tomato sauce to the spaghetti and beans, mix well and serve.
- Garnish with Cacio Ricotta or Pecorino cheese and a sprinkle of fresh black pepper.
Start with Fresh String Beans!