Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms
Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Tortellini:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- salt and black pepper as desired
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the shallots and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the Spinach and cook until wilted. Add the cream to the pan. Taste for seasoning and add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the tortellini and cook until just under al dente, about 5-6 minutes. Drain and add to the cream sauce. Toss for 1-2 minuets over a medium flame. Remove from heat and add the parmigiano, allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Serve in warm bowls with an additional sprinkle of cheese.
Please Follow me on Instagram!