Caprese di Farro
Caprese di Farro: This is a very light and healthy salad.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Farro:
- 1 cup farro perlato (pearl farro)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 container Mozzarella fresca 'cigliegine' (cherry) cut in half
- 3 ccallions, diced
- 10 Kalamata olives pitted
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Boil the farro in salted water until "al dente", for about 15 to 20 minutes, according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain the farro and let it cool.
- Wash, pat dry and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Drain the mozzarella, pat dry and cut it in half. Wash, clean and dice the green onion.
- In a bowl add the cool farro, tomatoes, mozzarella, green onions and kalamata olives.
- Add the olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and toss gently. At the end add the fresh basil by tearing up a few leaves with your hands.