Chicken with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes
Chicken with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken cutlets
- salt & black pepper as desired
- flour for dredging
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 9 ounces frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and dredge in flour. Shake off excess and set aside on a plate.
- Put a large sauté pan with a lid over a medium-high flame and heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken breasts to the pan in batches and cook until nicely browned on either side, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Lower the flame to medium, add the remaining oil and sauté the shallot until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the wine and broth to the pan and cook until you can no longer smell alcohol, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the artichokes and sundried tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes have softened a bit, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the butter and cook until melted. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with any juices that have collected on the plate. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.