Chickpeas and Artichokes Salad - Ceci e Carciofi Marinati
Marinated Chickpeas and Artichokes Salad.... delicious and fresh.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups canned artichokes hearths
- 4 scallions, all the white and some green, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 fennel bulb - cut horizontally and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoons oregano (fresh or dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- ground pepper
- parsley to garnish
- curls of provolone cheese to garnish
- diced provolone cheese for serving
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse well in cold water. Use the same procedure for the artichoke hearts and cut in halves.
- Combine in a salad bowl the chickpeas, artichokes, scallions, red pepper and fennel.
- In a small bowl mix Ev olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper as desired, oregano and garlic. Mix well and pour over the vegetables.
- Toss all ingredients well and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Preferably overnight to marinate.
- To serve, mix well again and garnish with curls of provolone cheese and parsley springs.
- Serve with crostini and diced provolone cheese.