Farfalle with Artichoke Sauce
Farfalle with Artichoke Sauce: Artichokes give a certain sweetness to this sauce.
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves, trim and unpeel the stem and cut the top part of the leaves as they have thorns. The remaining leaves should be pale green.
- Wash and drain the artichokes well.
- Cut each artichoke in four or six parts and keep them covered in fresh water or they will turn dark.
- In a pan add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the garlic finely minced.
- Saute` the garlic at high flame until it turns blonde. Add the artichokes and the wine.
- Turn the artichokes several times and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Chop the tomatoes in very small pieces and add them in the pan. Add half of the parsley.
- Add salt and hot pepper as desired.
- Cook at medium flame for 10 minutes and pour over Farfalle cooked al dente.