Fried Zucchini Flowers
Fried Zucchini Flowers: one of the early joys of a summer garden!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Flowers:
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 1 ounce mozzarella, cut in 12 cubes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- frying oil
- Wash the Zucchini flowers under fresh water.
- Gently open the petals of each flower and insert 2 capers and 1 cube of mozzarella.
- In a bowl, prepare the pastella (batter) by mixing: flour, eggs, garlic, mint, cheese and water.
- Dip the flower in the pastella and fry in hot oil.
- Fry the flowers on both sides until they turn golden.
- Serve immediately.
PAny leftover pastella, do not throw away. Pour it in the hot oil and fry it... delicious!
so good! - ciaobella124
Thanks for the recipe, delicious... - RITABERRETTA