Italian BLT Pasta Salad
Italian BLT Pasta Salad... a refreshing dish for the summer.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 1 heart of romain lettuce, washed, trimmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound mezze penne pasta
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of black pepper
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- To make the salad:
- Put a medium sautÃ© pan over a medium-high flame and heat the olive oil. Add the pancetta and sautÃ© until crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon making sure to drain off the excess oil.
- Drop the pasta into a pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook till about 1 minute under al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, pancetta, romaine and tomatoes until well combined.
- To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, heavy cream, salt, sugar and black pepper until smooth.
- Pour over the salad and serve.