Lemony Salmon with Tomato Couscous
Happy Birthday Rossella! Part III Next, will serve you as Birthday cake, a Strawberry trifle...
For 0 Person(s)
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic +1 tablespoon olive oil, mixed
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put the couscous into a heatproof bowl, with 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt), 1/4 teaspoon of the paprika, and all the grated ginger. Give everything a bit of a mix before adding the hot boiled water. Cover the bowl, either with plastic wrap or a plate, and set aside.
- Into another bowl, put the finely chopped onion.
- In a wide, shallow dish, big enough to take the salmon fillets later, zest the lemon into the dish.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl with the onions.
- Add the remaining salt and the paprika to the bowl with the lemon zest and stir in 1 tablespoon garlic/ oil mixture
- Halve the cherry or grape tomatoes and put them into yet another bowl. Stir in the remaining garlic/oil mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan for the salmon fillets. While the pan is getting hot, add the fillets to the dish with the lemon zest and coat both sides with the mixture.
- Put the fillets in the hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Meanwhile, uncover and fluff the couscous. Add the tomatoes with lemony onion mixture and stir with a fork.
- Add nearly all of the cilantro to the couscous, and stir it through, then taste for seasoning, adding more salt if needed.
- Spoon some couscous onto each plate and arrange a salmon fillet alongside. Sprinkle with a little more cilantro as you hand out each plate.
- I served saute broccoli with garlic as the side dish.