Mozzarella in Carrozza with Anchovies
Mozzarella in Carrozza with Anchovies.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Carrozza:
- 4 slices of stale Italian bread
- 4 slices of mozzarella
- 4 fillet of anchovies
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- salt & pepper as desired
- olive oil for frying
- Cut 4 slices of stale Italian bread. Two days old is good so that the bread will not break up when dipped in the milk.
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Place one slice of bread on a board, put on top two slices of mozzarella. Better if the mozzarella is dry.
- Add two fillet of anchovies and some leaves of rosemary.
- Add salt & pepper as desired.
- Place another slice of the bread on top so as to make a sandwich and press all together with your hand.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich in the milk, then in the flour and lastly in the beaten egg.
- Fry until both sides are golden.
Appetizer Recipes, Fish Recipes, Lazio Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Anchovies Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
Excellent recipe but used less anchovies because hubby doesn't like them too much - joyce485