Pasta with Gorgonzola Cream Peas & Sausage
Pasta with Gorgonzola Cream Peas & Sausage.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 3 medium shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 10 oz bag frozen peas
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 pound dried rigatoni pasta
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese for sprinkling
- Put a large skillet over a high flame and heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and lower the flame to medium. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and Gorgonzola. Cook until the Gorgonzola has melted down.
- Add the sausage back to the pan and cook while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and Season with salt and pepper as desired. Add the parsley.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until Al dente.
- *Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water just in case the pan gets dry.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.