Polpettine in Brodo - Tiny Meatballs in Soup
Polpettine (Meatballs) soup with spinach... a very refreshing and light meal!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Polpettine:
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/4 pound bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 4 large carrots
- 1 pound spinach
- grated Parmigiano cheese
- Add 6 quarts of water and the two chopped onions to a pot. Salt the water as desired.
- Bring the water to a boil and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Meantime, prepare the polpettine (meatballs).
- In a bowl, add the ground beef, the cheese, bread crumbs, eggs and the parsley and garlic both very finely chopped.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and roll the polpettine about 1/2" in diameter.
- Once the water has simmered for 1 hour, add the carrots and celery cut in large pieces and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the polpettine and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for and additional 5 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with grated Parmigiano cheese.
First Course Recipes, Meat Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Soup Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Meatballs Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Christmas First Course Recipes, Easter First Course Recipes
i have a couple questions about the soup..looks good but 1/2 gr beef to 1/2 lb grated romano ?? is t...
See Full Review >> - artyjudy1
I am going to make this one for my soup club at work! - lkkalj
My mother used to make soup with polpettine but the base for the broth was chicken. She also put in...
See Full Review >> - sorella37
Thnx for recipe - Saint of circumstance