Rigatoni alla Pizzaiola
Rigatoni alla Pizzaiola... a colorful and flavorful summer dish.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Rigatoni:
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 quarts tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/2 pound Gaeta olives
- 1 pound mild provolone cut in small cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle them with a bit of oil, garlic and salt and place them in a shallow oven pan. Bake for about 35 minutes at 375F or until golden.
- Spread half of the tomatoes in a deep oven pan.
- Add the rigatoni cooked very al dente. Cover with a generous layer of the tomato sauce. Add the olives, ptovolone cubes, grated cheese and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Cover the pasta with the remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle more grated cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
I made this recipe for my daughter\'s birthday party, it was delicious and a big hit!! Everyone lov...
See Full Review >> - Lauren