Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Onion and Prosciutto
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Onion & Prosciutto: These are everyone's favorite side dish for the holiday season! It also doesn't hurt that they're super easy to prepare on a busy day when you already have a million things to do. Just combine everything together and throw them in a super hot oven. The red onions caramelize and have a sweetness that compliments the sprouts and the crispy prosciutto. I personally love roasting them until the outer leaves are a bit charred because I think that brings out the most flavor.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Brussel Sprouts:
- 16 ounces Brussels Sprouts.,trimmed and cut into halves (you can also leave them whole. I like the halves for serving larger groups)
- 2 medium red onions cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup whole garlic cloves (you can use less or more if you like)
- 3 slices of Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a roasting pan combine the Brussels sprouts, onions, garlic cloves and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tear the prosciutto slices apart with your hands and arrange on top.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the sprouts begin to look charred and the prosciutto is crisp. Stir once or twice.