Spaghetti with Zucchini Pesto, Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes
Spaghetti with Zucchini Pesto, Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pesto:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 7 ounces zucchini
- 1 1/2 ounces pine nuts
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 ounce grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 ounce grated Parmigiano cheese
- 3 1/2 extra virfin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the spaghetti.
- Finely grate the zucchini then use a hand blender to mix together with pine nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- In a saute` pan, brown a clove of garlic in olive oil and add the cherry tomatoes.
- After 4 minutes, add the shrimp and fry until cooked through (2-3 minutes). Remove the garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti in the saute` pan, stir them with the shrimp and tomatoes. Turn off the flame and add the zucchini pesto with the pasta water to loosen up the sauce. Serve hot and enjoy!