Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers
Sweet mini peppers stuffed with a unique sausage filling. Perfect for appetizers or with a meal!
For 10 Person(s)
For the Peppers:
- 2 bags of tri colored sweet mini peppers
- 2 pounds sweet italian sausage
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 1/2 bags sunkist baking raisins
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Pull stems off peppers, sliced down one side and clean out seeds
- Wash and set aside
- Brown sausage and drain
- In a bowl, add sausage (after sausage is cooled), granulated garlic, raisins, a few drizzles of olive oil
- parmesan/romano cheese and bread crumbs to taste.
- Mix the sausage mixture well and add cheese and breadcrumbs if needed.
- Stuff peppers with sausage mixture and place in single layer in a baking dish.
- Drizzle over the tops with olive oil and place in the oven on 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or more.
Oven times may vary. Peppers should be a tad al dente, not mooshod (mushy)...but should be able to pick up and eat with fingers if desired. The raisins give these appetizers a great unique taste!