This is my family favorite cookie fo the Holiday. I never have enough for everybody! They disappear very quickly! They are very easy to make, everything in one bowl and no mess at all. I know that once you try them, they will become part of your Holiday tradition.
- In a large bowl place flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the butter softned and vanilla.
- Start mixing with a wooden spoon until dough starts to form
- Add chopped nuts and continue to mix
- At this point I use my hands and make sure all nuts are well mixed into the dough.
- Take a small portion at a time and roll it in your hands, just like making meatballs.
- Place them on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven at 325F and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until light brown
- Cool and sprinkle them with confectionate sugar.
You can substitute walnuts with any nuts of your choice. I never tried with any other nuts because walnut happen to be my favorite. Even if the recipe says "ungreased cookie sheet" I like to spray mine lightely with Pam. I like to make them not so big so I can get more.