Winter Minestrone... a melting pot of leftover vegetables that were available to Nonna in the winter and that she had to consume or they would go bad.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Minestrone:
- 4 potatoes - cubed
- 2 cups butternut squash - cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 small artichokes, sliced
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli rabe, chopped in half
- 2 bay leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & fresh black pepper
- pecorino cheese
Try La Pasta della Nonna in
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Put 10 cups of water in a pot, keep it boiling and set aside.
- In a large pot, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil and the onion chopped finely and the bay leaves. Saute` the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add the potatoes and the butternut squash and saute` them in the onion for about 2 mins.
- Add the cauliflowers, the artichokes, the tomatoes and the celery and saute for about 2 mins.
- Add about 4 cups of water enough to cover the ingredients and let everything cook at medium flame for about 10-15 mins.
- If it gets too dry add some more hot water. Add salt as desired.
- Taste the potatoes and they are almost tender add the broccoli rabe.
- Let the broccoli rabe cook for 4-5 mins. and serve with pecorino cheese and fresh black pepper.
I would make it again...Very Good... - firstname.lastname@example.org