Black Pepper Taralli
Black Pepper Taralli - Taralli al Pepe Nero... when you need a spicy snack!
For 8 Dozen(s)
For the Taralli:
- 1 1/4 pounds all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh coarse black pepper
- 1/2 ounces fresh yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
Use the code Pasta10
and Save 10% on all Pasta and
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer put all the liquids, the yeast and the salt. Mix well.
- Add the flourand the black pepper and mix well until all the ingredients are well amalgamated.
- Cut a chunk of dough and roll it into an 4 inch stick a little less than 1/2" tick. If desired, when you roll the dough you can add more black pepper.
- Unite and press both ends to form a little round Tarallo.
- Let all the Taralli rest for about 15 Mins. covered with a cloth.
- Take a few taralli at the time and boil them in water. When you place the taralli in the boiling water they will sink to the bottom of the pan and may tend to stick to the bottom. With a wooden spoon, move them gently to remove them from the bottom. When they come up to the surface, remove them from the water and put them on a white cloth to dry.
- After you have boiled all your taralli, place all the taralli on a flat baking sheet and bake them for about 35 mins. at 380F. Keep an eye on them as all ovens have their own personality. Midway thru the baking cycle, turn the taralli to make sure that they cooke evenly on both sides.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Carnevale Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes, Taralli Recipes
I also make them with anise seeds. Deliziosi!! - amica