Capellini with Prosciutto and Peas in Pink Sauce
Capellini with Prosciutto and Peas in Pink Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 28 ounces peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and fresh black pepper as desired
- 1 pound capellini pasta
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Add the canned peeled tomatoes to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Put a large saute pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the shallots to the pan and saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add in the prosciutto and saute until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the pureed tomatoes and peas to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the capellini and cook until very al dente. Capellini tend to cook quickly so keep an eye on them!
- Drain the pasta and add to the saute pan. Toss the pasta in the sauce for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Serve in warm bowls.