Cavatelli with Cream of Beans and Clams
Cavatelli with Cream of Cannellini Beans and Clams... a creamy and rich dish for any time of the year.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound cavatelli pasta
- 1/2 pound Cannellini beans from a can or already boiled.
- 2 dozens top neck clams
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- peperoncino - hot pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Remove the fruit of the clams from the shells either by opening each clam with a knife or by steaming them. In either case be careful to recover the fruit from each clam as well as the water that comes out of them. Separate the two and save for later.
- In a large pan add some olive oil and saute` the garlic with some peperoncino, as desired.
- Once the garlic is beginning to turn gold, add the rosemary, saute` for 1 minute and add the cherry tomatoes. Saute the tomatoes for 2-3 mins.and add the white wine. Let the alcohol completely evaporate.
- Put the beans in a blender and make a cream out of them. You may need to add some of the clams water in the blender as well or they may get stuck.
- Add the cream of beans and the water recovered from the clams to the pan.
- Continue to cook for an additional 10 mins. at medium flame.
- Separately cook the pasta and remove it when it is very "al Dente".
- Add to the pan the fruit of the clams, cook them for 2 minutes and then add the Cavatelli. Continue cooking everything together for 2-3 mins. by stirring all the ingredients.
- Serve with a drizzle of good EV olive oil.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, First Course Recipes, Italian Pasta Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Cavatelli Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Clams - Vongole Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Homemade Pasta Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes, Thanksgiving First Course Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes