Cialda Fredda - Cold Bread Salad
Cialda Fredda - Cold Bread Salad, when made with Altamura bread, it is extra special!
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
For 2 Person(s)
For the Cialda:
- 1/2 pound stale Altamura bread, or any other Italian bread
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 orange or lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon teaspoon of oregano
- extra virgin olive oil
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- In a bowl, add the bread cut in cubes.
- Add the cucumber, the tomatoes, the onion, the orange and the celery. Mix well.
- Add the oregano and salt as desired.
- Add 3 Tbs of EV olive oil and one cup of water. Mix well and let it rest for a few minutes. Once rested, if the bread is too dry, add a little more water.