Ciambelle - Zeppole
Ciambelle - Zeppole... everyone loves these at Christmas and on St. Joseph's Day. But they are great at any time!
- Boil the potatoes and mash them.
- Mix all the ingredients and let the mix levitate for 1 hour in a warm part of the house.
- Take a chunk of dough, roll it on a wood board to form a stick, unite the two end to form a Tarallo or a doughnut. Make sure the hole at the center is not small otherwise it will close when you fry them.
- Make all your Ciambelline and let them rest for 30 mins.
- Fry all the Ciambelline and as soon as they come out of the oil sprinkle them with sugar.