Ciambelle - Zeppole
Ciambelle - Zeppole... everyone loves these at Christmas and on St. Joseph's Day. But they are great at any time!
For 2 Dozen(s)
For the Ciambelle:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 1 pound potatoes
- 3 1/2 ounces vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ounce packet active dry yeast
- oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes and mash them.
- Mix all the ingredients and let the mix levitate for 1 hour in a warm part of the house.
- Take a chunk of dough, roll it on a wood board to form a stick, unite the two end to form a Tarallo or a doughnut. Make sure the hole at the center is not small otherwise it will close when you fry them.
- Make all your Ciambelline and let them rest for 30 mins.
- Fry all the Ciambelline and as soon as they come out of the oil sprinkle them with sugar.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Tuesday, 20 March 2018
Do you peel the potato before boiling? - jdcri