Pumpkin Apple Cake
Pumpkin Apple Cake.
For 8 Person(s)
For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 packet vanillina (Italian Vanilla Powder) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin paste
- 4 gala apples, 2 cut into 1 inch cubes, 2 cut into slices for the topping
- granulated sugar for sprinkling
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, oil and pumpkin on medium speed until well combined.
- Lower the speed to low. Add in the dry ingredients little by little until just absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the apples cut into chunks and pour the batter into the prepared pan.. Top with the sliced apples and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Please Follow me on Instagram!